New Forum - Update
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

Scott Pett
Administrator

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2020 :  12:59:11  Show Profile  Visit Scott Pett's Homepage

Ladies and Gentlemen of the FOC

From tomorrow morning (14th Feb 2020) the current Forum will be locked while we start the migration process to the new forum platform.

The old forum will remain readable, but no posting will be possible. This is to ensure we migrate an exact copy of the forum messages as of the cutoff date.

We will be configuring and testing the new forum platform over the weekend to ensure we have everything setup to our satisfaction.

With a bit of luck and a following sea, the new forum will go live on Monday morning (17th Feb).

To save confusion, please go via the website link so you get the new version on Monday. Your existing account name should exist on the new forum, but we may have to unlock passwords to enable you publish posts. Look out for more information on Monday. The new forum should certainly be readable by all from the start of Monday.

One of the benefits of the new system, apart from being 20 years younger than the old one, will be the ease of attaching images and other files to posts. This has been the major limitation of the old system for some time. For those of you frequent other forums, the new system should be familiar as most are running on a similar platform.

Cheers,
Scott, Marc and the Forum team.

Midnight Blue
Midshipman

United Kingdom
186 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2020 :  14:41:16  Show Profile
Thanks Scott,
I appreciate all the hard work that you and Rich Miller have put into this. Having been involved I know the problems you have both had with developing the new platform due to the age of the old forum.
I hope this is a new beginning for our forum and soon, a new website.
Paul
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Fairey Owners Club Forums © Fairey Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000