Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

CRUSADER
Captain

United Kingdom
201 Posts

Posted - 01 September 2010 :  13:00:25  Show Profile
Despite all the odds 12 valiant crews made Torquay for the Classic Revival Rally celebrating 50 years of the Cowes Torquay Powerboat Race.
A full report will follow soon, in the meantime here is a brief message of thanks to everyone who attended with special thanks to Paul Hooper, Peter Farmery and Paul Fairall without whom there would have been no appearance of Thunderbolt either at Torquay or Cowes.
Also to Tim Seward for his non stop antics which raised everyones spirits and Natalie who kept us supplied with hot drinks.
Felix and Wanda lifted the Concours trophy with Frivola but the event nearly ended in disaster at Cowes when Frivola was rammed by the crippled “Garmin” entrant in the CTC, missing Thunderbolt by 2 inches.
From everyone at COPOC and Torquay Well done everybody!.

Mike

wanda
Midshipman

United Kingdom
119 Posts

Posted - 02 September 2010 :  16:05:01  Show Profile  Visit wanda's Homepage
Had intended to post on the Forum as soon as we got back to Island Harbour but my computer has lost the ability to connect to WiFi! Methinks it sounds expensive.

I have written to Mike James, John Iddon and the Commodore of the Royal Torbay YC thanking them for an absolutely splendid Rally.
It must have taken a great deal of organising but well worth the effort, we were all made so very welcome.

Winning the trophy was the icing on the cake and will be on show for all to see....when on dry land....it's beautiful but highly breakable....come to the Dinner Dance in January to see it.

The sight of Miss Daisy leading the 12 boats in a high speed raid around a visiting cruise ship will remain with us all for a very long time.

COPOC hope to organise a Cowes Torquay Rally in the future my advice would be BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW.

Wanda

Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Fairey Owners Club Forums © Fairey Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000